Thursday 8 December 2016

Post 136--Justice in the World of Clothing



Frankly, I just cannot keep up producing posts regularly, even though I love to share my thoughts with you. The past month I have been hindered from writing them for various reasons. These have included: the priority of developing my website— www.SocialTheology.com--; health issues; visiting far-flung children and grandchildren; local church and society obligations; occasional but needed recreational activities.

I have come close to throwing in the towel, for I am tired of the tension between my blogging and all those other activities. But I have just come with a partially satisfying solution, namely to pass on to you writings by others that reflect my own and, hopefully, your interests. I will mostly do this by just presenting you with the URLs of such articles that you can then easily access with a single click. I may write a short introduction or make some other comments, if only to let you know I’m still around!

So, today I am treating you to a URL that discusses justice in the world of clothes, a world that includes all of us every day and that thus involves most of us in situations of injustice that you may never have thought about. Well, here it is, for you to consider a change in your life style, specifically clothing style: 



I do have a question about one specific recommendation, namely to buy your clothes online. You should ask yourself what that could mean for your own local businesses.  Online buying can and does lead to your local stores closing. And when you buy clothes online, you likely buy other stuff there as well and you end up with a whole lot of “For Lease” signs on your Main Street.  Is that what you really want to happen?  I leave you with the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment