Friday 16 February 2018

Post 203--Ruth Eberhart's Lent Meditations

Things don't always work out as planned; Sometimes they get worse; sometimes better.  Things have suddenly taken a twist and are turning out differently from what I announced in Post 202. I am not able to call up that promised follow-up in time before I leave later this morning. So, I'm treating you to an alternative Lenten meditation. I'm also stuck with this present format with its wide spaces that I cannot get rid of.  

I've painted the text red, a colour that befits Lent, since it is to remind us, among other things, of Christ's suffering that includes blood.  

So, here's this meditation, the first one of what may well become more. I'm off and see you next week--hopefully.  At that time I'll tell you where I went and why.  Make sure you click on the Devotional.  


Do you want to become a pilgrim this Lent?

IN 2005 I went on a pilgrimage to Israel and Palestine -- a trip which shook up and deepened my faith. Based on that experience, I wrote a devotional for "Presbyterians Today" which did so well that I procured my first book contract. "Chasing the Divine in the Holy Land" was published by Eerdmans in 2012.

THIS YEAR I'm returning to Israel and Palestine for the first time since that milestone. In celebration, I'm re-posting the devotional on my blog each day, and invite you to "come along" with me to the Holy Land. You won't even need a passport!

My trip dates are March 5-16, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you when I return. You will be the first to hear.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your continued support and readership!
 
Click Here for the Devotional "Ash Wednesday"

No comments:

Post a Comment