Saturday 24 March 2018

Post 212--Result of Ignoring Gender

This is my no. 2 today.  The pressure of my main retirement job, namely building an ONLINE CHRISTIAN ACADEMIC LIBRARY, is off for a couple of weeks. That gives me more time for doing this and another blog (Christian-MuslimWorld).  

Some time ago, I complained about Canadian authors resorting too much to American sources. I meant that sincerely, but recently am finding myself doing the same thing. I apologize. It's not hypocrisy so much as being busy and not having enough time to do the Canadian research. America is huge and it's all over the place. Americans are activistic, much more so, I believe, than we Canadians. They've got ten times as many people and, probably, ten times as many researchers and writers.  Given their activistic nature, probably more than ten times. I will try to restrain myself and do more Canadian stuff. Of course, most of the issues I write about are similar in both countries.  

Another but related issue is that American Christians are much more activistic than us Canadian Christians.  They are also more in number and thus have more people to speak up against the awful things that the secular or post-modern crown tries to impose on us. One has to look longer and harder to find Canadian Christian writings objecting to the raw secular Canadian culture. I promise: The next post will zero in on a Canadian writer, a woman even!:  Christie Blatchford. 

Now I want it understood that I do not identify with many issues that American or Canadian Christians promote.  I am strongly in favour of giving my gay neighbours their rights of marriage, for example, but I do not favour or champion the gay agenda which is to accept homosexuality as normal and even desirable.  

Today's issue is the Transgender Bathroom law. This contribution is about Alaska, but we face the same issue here in Canada with the same problems. I am quite sure most Canadian women will object just as much about having men intrude into their public bathrooms, not to speak of perverts. I doubt that anyone consciously chooses to be trans, but some people somehow or another are that. We need to accept them and give them the space they need, but I do not go along with the extremists described below. 

So, here goes:   


Help Overturn Anchorage's Dangerous Transgender Bathroom Law
 
Thu 03-22, 1:22 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment